Monday 25 August 2014

Manicure Monday: Accidental Nail Art

This manicure is a very similar pattern to last week's manicure but that's a bit of an accident, I was originally just going to be posting about OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It but by the time I came to write this post it had evolved into this:

bright tribal aztec nailart

When I did last week's manicure I really liked OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It so I started out with that but after 4 days (I think) I started getting bit bored and it was looking a bit worse for wear so I decided that I'd make it more interesting and sponge some yellow (Nina Ultra Pro Like Butta) onto the tips and make a gradient nail.

Unfortunately I'm really bad at gradient nails and it ended up looking patchy. Instead of taking it all off I decided to add a bold pattern so that the patchiness would be less noticeable. I liked the pattern that I had on my nails last week so I decided to do something a bit similar. I used thin craft brushes rather than attempting to use my nail art pens or a sharpie and that worked a lot better. The black I used was Illamasqua Boosh (in the sale for £5 here) and I used Gosh Nail Tip for the white. I then topped it off with a coat of Rimmel Matte Finish.

opi tasmanian orange red nail

OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It is a bright orange/red. It applies nicely I used two coats in the picture above but I should probably have used three coats because it's not quite as opaque as it could be. It not got the best staying power, I usually manage to get about 6 days wear out of an OPI polish before it becomes noticeably worn but this was looking worse for wear after 4 days. It's a nice colour but there are a lot of very similar colours out there and this one doesn't have the best formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment