Wednesday 20 August 2014

My Favourite Lipsticks: YSL Rouge Pur Couture

This gorgeous Yves Saint Laurent lipstick is next up as one of my favourite lipsticks


 It's a rich creamy terracotta red with great pigmentation- I like applying it opaque andit's got pretty good staying power and fades to a nice stain. I've applied it sheerly in the picture below which gives a my lips but better effect.


I always think it looks surprisingly brown in the lipstick bullet but the red tones come out when applied to the lips. The packaging like with all the YSL products is very pretty- gold and shiny- but the second you touch it it's covered with finger print smears which isn't so pretty. I also find it really prone to scratching, I actually had to swap the lid in the picture below with another YWL lipstick because the lid for this one is so scratched (in fairness I tend to chuck whatever lipstick I'm wearing in the bottom of my bag for touch ups so if you keep it in a makeup bag this probably wouldn't be a problem).


The really annoying thing is that I can't actually work out what shade this is. There's a 7 marked on the bottom but it's definitely not #7 which is le fuchsia a really bright pink but I really can't figure out what colour it could be. If anyone does know then comment because I really would like to know. Writing this post has made me realise how much I love this lipstick and how much I do want a spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment