Friday 15 August 2014

My Favourite Lipsticks: YSL Rouge Volupté Spicy Pink

I found Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Spicy Pink #20 at my local Debenhams in a half price sale. It's probably not a colour that I'd have picked up if it wasn't in the sale, that's one of my favourite things about sales- other than the savings- but that it makes me look at colours outside your comfort zone and colours you might overlook if they were surrounded by their brighter more exciting cousins. 

Before I found this lipstick I hadn't found a nude that I liked so I'd started to ignore them, but it was the only lipstick they had so I swatched it, I liked the colour and I love the YSL formula so for half price I thought why not? And now it's made it onto my favourite lipsticks

nude lips  YSL makeup


It's creamy and pigmented with a good colour payoff. Applied opaque it's a pink/brown nude but I also like to apply it sheerly as a my lips but better colour. It fades pretty quickly but it fades evenly so I often just let it fade to a very sheer colour. The formula feels moisturising and applies well, it doesn't end up in creases or dry patches.

It's not the most exiting colour but it's a flattering nude which is something I struggle to find. My lips are fairly pigmented so if I use any really nude lipsticks I tend to look dead. If like me you find you look terrible in most nude lipsticks this might be the sort of colour you could think about trying.


YSL nude lipstick Yves Saint Laurent YSL Rouge Volupte Spicy Pink 20 lipstick swatch and review nude

Packaging wise it's really pretty, I know that packaging makes no difference at all to how a lipstick actually looks but there's something special and fun about using makeup that comes it a gold shiny packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment