Wednesday 13 August 2014

My Favourite Lipsticks: MAC Morange

I only really started to wear Orange lipsticks this summer so it didn't take long for Morange to make it's way onto my list of favourites.

MAC Morange Orange swatch and review bright orange summer lipstick

Morange is a a true orange lipstick- nobody is going to be calling it red. Unfortunately I couldn't quite get get the images to match the true colour- it's a bit lighter and a more orange in real life, the swatch on my arm is probably the closest to the true colour. It's an amplified Creme so it's got a similar finish to MAC Dubonnet but it a bit less opaque and I find that it moves around a more and always seems to end up in any creases so it needs reapplying every few hours. Unfortunately the stain it leaves behind always seems a bit patchy so it does need touching up.


MAC Morange Orange swatch and review bright orange summer lipstickMAC Morange Orange swatch and review bright orange summer lipstick

I do often find the bright orange to be a bit much sometimes and my favourite way to wear it is to add a touch of coral to a lipbalm or lipstick. I applied it with vaseline to bare lips below.


Lips no lipstick

MAC Morange Orange swatch and review bright orange summer lipstick

It's definitely a colour worth having to mix with other lip products for a touch of coral, but I don't find myself reaching for it on it's own that often.






No comments:

Post a Comment